At Fitter Food if we have the opportunity to cook a dish that involves whacking everything together in one pan we jump at the chance. We don’t believe food should be faffy or time consuming and this meal reflects that perfectly. This is a dish that is so easy to do anyone could do it. Super quick yet bursting with flavour. Can you go wrong when chorizo is involved? Not really. Check it out.
Anyone who has already purchased our debut recipe book “Fitter Food – A Lifelong Recipe For Health & Fat Loss” will know that we like to keep our ingredients lists short, our instructions simple and our food tasty and nutritious. If you would like to see more easy to make healthy and tasty dishes like this one then please be sure to check the book out here.
Cooking time: 12 minutes
2 rump steaks (Get it from your butchers)
4 good quality chorizo sausages sliced and then halved
1 large red onion finely chopped
12-15 cherry tomatoes halved
1 heaped cup of frozen peas
1 tbsp of coconut oil
– Prepare all your ingredients before placing the peas into a saucepan of water and bringing to a simmer.
– As the peas are cooking, heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and add the tomatoes and onions. Cook through for about 2 minutes until they start to soften.
– Now add the chorizo and stir through with the onions and tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes. Be sure to mix all the awesome juices and spices from the chorizo nicely with the tomatoes and onions.
– Now add the rump steak and mix all the ingredients together, once the steak browns off and all the flavours from the chorizo have mixed nicely, drain the peas and add them to the pan. Stir through and then simmer for about 6 minutes.
– Once cooked to your liking serve and enjoy.
One of the most amazing things about this dish is that its a bit of a cheat as the chorizo contains so many fantastic flavours that there really is no need to add any spices or seasoning. Of course feel free to add some if you wish but we loved this dish just as it was. Enjoy.