Fitter Xmas Pudding
- 250g mixed dried fruits (e.g. sultanas, raisins etc.)
- 150g dates
- 100g apricots
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 3 eggs
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 dessertspoon coconut flour
- 125g fresh grated suet or butter
- 1 tsp root ginger, grated
- 100g coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder or bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp mixed spicet
- Add the eggs to a food processor or bowl and lightly beat until pale and frothy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. If using a food processor, only mix for a short period of time to combine the ingredients and be careful not blend the fruit too much as it may liquidise.
- Pour the cake batter into a one pint pudding bowl and steam for three to four hours.
- Serve warm with double cream.