We featured these healthy chicken dippers, crusted in almond and paprika, in our last Valentine’s meal plan. We’re sure friends and family will LOVE you for cooking up this awesome dish!
Almond and Paprika Crusted Chicken with Spicy Ketchup
- 350g chicken breasts
- 150g whole blanched almonds
- 2 tsp of paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 2 free range eggs beaten
- 4 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 100g tomato puree
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp water
- 1–2 tsp smoked paprika
- Himalayan pink or Celtic Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2tsp of raw honey or xylitol
- Cut the chicken breast into long strips.
- Place the almonds into a food processor or blender and pulse until they form a breadcrumb like texture (don’t blend for too long as you want these to be chunkier than ground almonds), sprinkle the almonds onto a plate before adding the paprika, garlic and salt and mixing together well with a fork.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the beaten egg before rolling it in the almond topping and covering thoroughly. Do this for each piece and set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat before laying your strips into the pan and shallow fry for about 4-5 minutes on each side until the almonds are nice and golden and the chicken is cooked through. Be careful not to cook on too high a heat, or they will start to burn.
- Combine all the ingredients for the tomato ketchup in a small bowl, mix well and taste. Season to taste.