Baked Bean Stew
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- Salt to taste (½ -1 tsp.)
- 800g butternut squash, chopped
- 350g passata
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. tamari sauce
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 400g tinned cannellini beans, rinsed
- 150g spinach
- Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the leeks, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the salt and paprika and stir again.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the spinach and stir. Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer on a low heat for 40 minutes.
- Just before serving stir in the spinach and allow to wilt.
- This is great served with pan-fried fish, sausages or on it’s own.