We are loving putting a Caribbean twist on our meals at the moment and this fish dish worked really well with the simple yet powerful flavours. Another dish thats great for cooking in bulk. Have this with some fried plantain chips, it’s an awesome combo.
Baked Lime, Tomato & Coriander Sea Bass with Plantain Chips
- 4 sea bass fillets
- Juice of 2 limes
- Very large handful of fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 red chilli seeded and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe plantain peeled and sliced
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Pre heat the oven to 180c.
- Add half the coconut oil to a baking dish and place in the oven to melt.
- Mix the lime juice, coriander, chilli, spring onions, garlic and the remaining coconut oil in a bowl (melt the coconut oil first) and mix together well.
- Place the sea bass fillets in the baking dish skin side down, sprinkle with the salt and pepper and then spoon your sauce over each fillet and cover thoroughly.
- Scatter the tomatoes round the side and then place in the oven to cook for 20-25mins.
- When the fish is almost done heat a little coconut oil in a pan and add the plantain. Cook until they start to turn golden then turn them over and repeat on the other side.