Who doesn’t love a muffin? These were inspired by our good friend Emma Mihill who baked a truly epic chocolate banana bread for us. Here is our twist on the recipe, essentially portion control 🙂 and convenience. A great high energy snack!
Banana Nut Muffins
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 banana, sliced to top muffins
- 4 eggs
- 150g cashew butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 50g pecans broken
- 60g dark chocolate broken up (70% minimum)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark and line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Place the 4 bananas, eggs, cashew butter, melted coconut oil and vanilla in a food processor and blend.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and mix again.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks, chopped banana and pecans with a spoon (do not blend these).
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cups, fill each about ¾ full.
- Top with a few banana slices and pecan chunks and place in the oven to cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with a little of butter or cold.