- Heat the sesame oil in a pan, add the garlic and fry for one minute. Add the onion and carrot and cook until soft.
Set the vegetables to one side.
- Fry the mince until brown and drain off any excess fat.
- Add the vegetables back into the pan.
- In a bowl, mix 2–3 tablespoons of boiling water with the xylitol or honey and stir until it dissolves. Add the tamari, sesame oil, pepper ﬂakes and ginger and mix. Add to the meat and vegetables in the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the cabbage.
- Season the beef to taste and serve with the steamed cabbage.
Serve with steamed rice or cauliflower rice.
For more recipe inspiration pre-order our book Paleo Primer: A Second Helping