Whilst the warm weather is still amongst us which is of course awesome, we at Fitter Food have been missing our hearty and more wintery meals so we decided to whip up this little gem. So quick to make and tasted fantastic, the meatballs are great the next day with a salad too.
Beef, Carrot, Onion and Herb Meatballs with Mash
- 500g beef mince
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 tsp tomato puree
- 3 tsp mixed herbs
- Good pinch of pink salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 180c.
- Mix the beef, onion, carrot, tomato puree, herbs and seasoning together in a bowl with your hands.
- Now make them into meatball shapes about the size of a golf ball and place them in a baking dish and place in the oven to cook for 20-25 mins or until done. Wet your hands first as it makes it easier to shape the meat.
- When the meatballs are about 15 mins from being done, prepare your sweet potato mash by cooking them in a steamer for about 10 mins or until cooked through and nice and soft.
- Then drain them off and place in a bowl and mash them. Add some pink salt and feel free to add a little butter here too if you wish.
- Serve up the mash, top with some meatballs and pour a little of the juice that came out of the meatballs whilst cooking over the top as your gravy and enjoy.
- This really does taste fantastic, hope you love them as much as we did.