We’ve created a healthier homemade version of the classic recipe using butter beans and cannellini beans. It’s legendary.
They only take 15 minutes to cook and are ideal for batch cooking and freezing. We love them with scrambled eggs and spinach for breakfast but of course the humble baked bean works as an accompaniment for many dishes.
BOSH Beans, Scrambled Eggs & Spinach
- 1–2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 x 400g tin butter beans, drained
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
The Eggs & Spinach
- 2–4 eggs, beaten
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Start by making the beans: heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat before adding
the garlic and cooking for a couple of minutes (do not burn).
- Add the tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce and stir through.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the beans, stir through and cook for another 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whilst the beans finish cooking, warm a little olive oil in a separate pan and add the
beaten eggs. Keep stirring the eggs to scramble them.
- Finally add the spinach to the pan and allow to wilt down before serving with scrambled
eggs and BOSH beans.