Love a biscotti? So do we and this one has all the flavour and none of the nasties. Goes great with an espresso or as an after dinner treat. We’ve made our batch in honour of tonight’s biscuit week on one of our favourite programmes, Great British Bake Off. Do you think Mary Berry would be proud?! #BOSHBISCOTTI
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 75ml melted coconut oil
- 6 heaped tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 350g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks (we recommend 70-85%)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Grease a large baking tray with a little butter.
- In a large bowl whisk together the beaten eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the ground almonds, coconut flour and bicarbonate of soda and stir in thoroughly.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread the batter out on the baking tray until about an inch thick before placing in the oven to cook for 25-30 mins (this depends on the oven so keep an eye on it).
- Once the batter has turned golden brown remove from the oven and cut into ½ inch pieces.
- Lay each slice on it’s side on the baking sheet, spread them out evenly and place back in the oven for 10 mins before flipping them over, turn the oven down slightly to about 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3 and cook for a further 10 mins or until nice and crunchy.
Optional: You can drizzle with a little melted dark chocolate if desired.