What a cracking start to the day! These muffins are packed with protein, fibre, anti-inflammatory spices, veggies and fruit, plus they are flipping delicious. A great breakfast on the go so get baking, stat!
Breakfast Power Muffins
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Dice sized chunk of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 bananas
- 80g vanilla protein powder (we used Sunwarrior: if using an unsweetened powder you may want to add 1 tbsp of honey or Xylitol)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 50g coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Place the muffin cases in the muffin baking tray.
- Beat the eggs, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder together for 2 minutes in a food processor or blender until light and fluffy.
- Add the ginger, bananas, protein powder, chia, nutmeg and cinnamon. Sift in the coconut flour and mix again. Finally stir in the grated carrot.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool and serve topped with butter or nut butter.