At Fitter Food we love a ‘good food on the go’ solution and this is one of them. This a great breakfast, brunch or lunch idea and so easy to make and great for picnics, packed lunches or a commuter breakfast.
- 10 eggs
- 1 courgette
- Handful of spinach chopped
- 2-3 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped
- 2- 3 tablespoons of feta crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl and beat. For a lighter loaf whisk the eggs with an electric whisk until pale and frothy.
- Grate the courgette directly into the beaten egg and fold in with a spoon.
- Add in the bacon (uncooked) its easiest to use kitchen scissors and simply chop straight into the mixture.
- Stir in the fresh parsley and chopped spinach and mix well.
- This is optional but if you prefer a lighter loaf add in a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper or grease with butter/coconut oil and pour in the egg mixture. Crumble the feta cheese over the top of the loaf.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes – 1 hour. Keep checking the middle with a knife (it should come out dry).
Top Top: This is such a versatile recipe you can experiment with any of your favourite foods and flavour combinations, just a few ideas include: smoked salmon and dill/sun dried tomatoes, olive and garlic/mushroom and spinach