Struggling for simple breakfast ideas that don’t involve eggs? Try our delicious carrot cake bircher muesli! Soaking the oats overnight makes them easier to digest and helps ensure the mix will be extra creamy. Quick, healthy and packed with flavour this is a great option for the whole family to enjoy and keeps well covered in the fridge for 2-3 days. Give it a try.
Carrot Cake Bircher Muesli
- 50g oats
- 1 tsp. sultanas
- ½ -1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 150ml unsweetened almond milk
- 15-20g vanilla protein powder
- 1-heaped spoonful Greek yogurt
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. walnuts, crushed
- 1 tsp. honey or xylitol
- Place the oats, sultanas, cinnamon, protein powder and carrot in a bowl. Combine the ingredients and cover with almond milk.
- Place in the fridge and leave to soak overnight.
- Place the yogurt in the bowl and add the lemon, walnuts and honey, top the Bircher muesli and serve.