Lots of sauces, dressings and marinades can be overcomplicated with unnecessary steps. We love bearnaise sauce so have developed a few short cuts to make a quick and easy version which can be ready in minutes.
Cheats Béarnaise Sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ½-1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 170g salted butter
- 2 tbsp minced fresh or dried tarragon (add more if you wish)
- Combine the lemon juice, egg yolks, shallot, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a measuring cup or bowl and blitz with a stick blender.
- Place the butter in a heat proof measuring jug, you ideally need something with a spout and place it in the oven until the butter has completely melted and is piping hot.
- Keep the hand blender running whilst you pour the melted butter into the mixture, pumping the blender up and down and side to side ensuring you blend all the ingredients. Keep pouring until you have the desired creamy texture.
- Add the tarragon and blend again until combined throughly.
- Serve with a good quality grass fed steak and new potatoes.