- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne chilli powder (optional)
- Himalayan pink or Celtic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced length ways
- 1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced length ways
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin sticks
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 toothpicks (to hold together)
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of cling film and using a rolling pin or meat hammer give the chicken a good wallop until both chicken breasts are nice and flat. (Not such a good wallop that they split!)
- Cut the breasts down the middle lengthways so you now have four pieces. Then sprinkle at piece evenly with the paprika, chilli, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Divide the peppers and carrots evenly between the four pieces and place them in the chicken, across the middle. Top each with spring onions and coriander before wrapping the chicken around the veg like a fajita wrap. You will need a tooth pick to stick through the middle to keep together.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat before adding each little wrap. Sprinkle them with a little more paprika and garlic before cooking for about 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally so they go nice and golden all over.
This recipe is taken from our best selling second book, Fitter Food: A Second Helping. Order your copy here today.