There’s a definite chill in the air and we love a nice warming soup to bring our body temperature back up from Brrrrrr! Soups are super easy and a great way to get plenty of veg down you so be sure to give this a try. Makes a great lunch time meal with the chilli adding a nice little kick, of course you can add this to taste.
Chilli Chicken, Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped
- 3 red bell peppers chopped
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 650ml homemade chicken stock
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the coconut oil to large saucepan on a medium heat and add the onion, peppers, chilli, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and stir through and cook for about 4-5 mins.
- Once the veg start to soften add the chicken stock, chopped tomatoes and smoked paprika and stir through.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 10 mins.
- Once cooked use a stick blender to mix thoroughly.
- Serve, top with some fresh thyme and enjoy.