If you’re missing a tea and biscuit break these will really hit the spot! A fantastic crunchy treat. We road tested using Xylitol to sweeten the biscuit with cracking results – you can also use honey or palm sugar.
Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
- 300g Ground almonds
- 120g Butter softened
- 120g Xylitol (you can use palm sugar or raw honey)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 80g dark chocolate, chopped finely
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/350 ° F/gas mark 4.
- Line a flat tray with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and xylitol together either by hand or using a food processor.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and almond extract and mix into a dough.
- Add the ground almonds, baking powder and combine thoroughly. Stir in the dark chocolate pieces.
- Take a piece of dough, roughly the size of a golf ball, roll into a ball and place onto the prepared baking tray, press down into a cookie shape.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Bigger cookies may take longer.
- Leave to cool and serve. Keep in an air tight container for up to one week.