For more recipe inspiration check out our best selling recipe book Fitter Food: A Second Helping.
Chocolate Crunch Bars
- 200g dark chocolate (85-100% cocoa solids)
- 60g raw nuts (we used blanched hazelnuts and macadamias)
- 40g raisins or cranberries
- 60g cashew or almond butter
- 6 gluten free oatcakes, broken up into pieces
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- Line a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over simmering water.
- Place a non stick frying pan on a medium heat and add the sesame seeds, toast lightly until golden for 4-5 minutes. Keep an eye on them as they easily burn. Once toasted set aside to cool.
- Once the chocolate has melted remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly and stir in the cashew butter, mix until smooth.
- Stir in the nuts, fruit, sesame seeds and oatcakes.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and allow to cool. Once set slice into bars and keep refrigerated.