What this recipe lacks in beauty, it makes up for in flavour! Quinoa might not be an obvious choice for breakfast but it’s full of protein and fibre, and when paired with apples, honey and cinnamon it’s deliciously sweet, making it a great alternative to cereal.
Cooked Apples and Quinoa
- 250g cooked quinoa
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp. water
- 200–300ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. walnuts, crushed
- Warm the apples, honey and cinnamon in a saucepan with a little water.
- Stir and cook through until the apples soften.
- Add the vanilla, cooked quinoa and stir through, add a small amount of almond milk and begin to warm through for 5–8 minutes.
- Add more almond milk, if desired, and serve topped with walnuts.