We could all benefit from more liver in our diets. If you’re not keen on the taste and texture, try these: blueberries, hazelnuts, liver and sausage meat, all blended together and baked for the perfect on-the-go snack.
- 800g Gluten free sausages (We used Black Farmer) **If they don’t have herbs added add some mixed herbs
- 400g Chicken liver
- 200g Blueberries
- 100 g Toasted hazelnuts crushed/finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place the liver in a food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes into a paste.
- Using kitchen scissors cut and peel the skins off the sausages and add the meat to the food processor and mix until combined with the liver.
- Fold in the hazelnuts and blueberries with a spoon and pulse the food processor a few times to mix (but don’t puree the fruit).
- Place a sheet of greaseproof paper on a baking tray and put spoonfuls of the mixture on the tray. The mixture is sticky so it’s easiest to use a spoon and mould into small balls.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool (we actually prefer these served cold!)