Creamy Cashew and Celeriac Soup
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 diced size chunks of ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp mix herbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 celeriac, peeled and chopped (approx. 900g-1kg once prepared)
- 3 small apples, chopped
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g crunchy cashew butter (smooth also works)*You can substitute this with coconut milk or creme fraiche
- 1.5 litres water
- Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat and add the onions, apples, garlic, ginger, mixed herbs, salt and stir.
- Cook for around 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally until the onion and apple soften nicely.
- Add the stock, 1 litre of water, celeriac and stir, bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer for 30 minutes or until the celeriac is cooked through.
- Use a stick blender to blitz and then stir in the cashew butter, slowly add the remaining water (500ml) until the soup reaches your desired consistency.