It’s summer time and this refreshing and great tasting salad will hit the spot on those warmer days. A great addition to a family BBQ or a simple protein hit for lunch or dinner. The cumin, orange and feta is an epic combo, as you will soon discover.
Cumin Chicken and Orange Feta Salad
- Large mixed green salad
- 2 grated carrots
- Half a cucumber chopped
- Zest of half an orange
- Juice of an orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 100g feta cheese (chopped)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 breasts of chicken (chopped)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 orange sliced then skin removed (much neater than peeling first)
- Add the salad leaves, carrots, cucumber, orange zest and juice, olive oil, cumin seeds and feta to a large salad bowl and toss together.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat and then add the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for about a minute before adding the garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and stir together. Continue to cook the chicken for another 6-8 mins or until cooked.
- Serve the salad, top with the chicken and orange slices, add a little more feta if you fancy and enjoy.