Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Crunch
- 300g dark chocolate 85-100% cocoa solids
- 1-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2-3 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
- zest of 1/2 orange (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp crystallised ginger, soaked in hot water to soften and chopped into small pieces (optional)
- 80g oatcakes, broken into small chunks
- Line an 8” loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Stir in the spices, cacao nibs, orange zest and crystallised ginger if adding (soak the ginger in hot water first to soften).
- Add the oatcakes and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the loaf tin and place in the freezer to set.
- Once set cut into large chunks and serve.