Eggs in Avo Boats
- 1 medium or large avocado
- 2 small eggs
- Pinch of Celtic Sea or Himalayan Pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1-2 rashers of bacon
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of spinach
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and slice a little off the bottom so each half will lay flat on the baking tray.
- Remove a little more avocado flesh to ensure there is enough room for your egg.
- Add one egg to each half and top with the salt, pepper and garlic before placing on a baking tray in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- When the eggs are around 5 minutes from being cooked, heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and over a medium heat cook your bacon and tomatoes. Cook until the bacon starts to brown and the tomatoes soften. Add your spinach and sauté.
- Ensure the eggs are cooked through before serving. Chop the bacon and fresh coriander and sprinkle on top and serve with the spinach and tomatoes on the side.