We love a good frittata. Want to know why? They taste awesome for a start but it’s mainly because they are so easy to make and so versatile. A little imagination and you can create any version you like. Add veg, potatoes, chicken, fish, cheese….honestly most things work. They are perfect warm, cold with a salad or great as a snack or meal on the go. This one came in handy as a quick breakfast before we caught a flight this morning.
English Breakfast Frittata
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 gluten free sausages chopped
- 4 rashers bacon chopped
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- As much spinach as you like
- 10 eggs beaten
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat and then add the sausages and the bacon and cook for 3 mins before adding the tomatoes.
- Cook and stir occasionally for another 3-4 mins or until the tomatoes have softened then add the spinach and stir through.
- Once the spinach has wilted down add the eggs to the pan and push the ingredients around a bit to allow the egg to get right to the bottom of the pan.
- Pre heat the grill.
- Cook the eggs for about 4-5 mins until the bottom half is cooking nicely.
- Then place the pan under grill being careful not to melt the handle and cook until the frittata is cooked all the way through and a little golden on top. Be sure to keep an eye on it.