We decided to pimp up a classic post workout snack, though this treat is just as lovely served on the sofa with a cuppa!
Fitter Food Flapjacks
- 150g buckwheat, rice or quinoa flakes
- 2 scoops vanilla/plain protein powder
- 1 banana
- 2-3 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsps pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsps chia seeds
- 2 heaped tablespoons of crunchy hazelnut butter
- Himalayan/Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsps raw honey or maple syrup (depending on preference)
- Warm water (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a square tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a bowl in the preheating oven.
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- In a food processor or blender mix the coconut oil, hazelnut butter and banana.
- Pour the banana mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and combine throughly.
- Add the desired amount of honey/maple syrup (a cheeky taste is helpful here). If the mixture isn’t sticking together you can add a drop of warm water or hazelnut butter/melted coconut oil and mix again until the mixture binds.
- Once combined place the mixture in the prepared baking tin and press down thoroughly.
- Bake in the over for 15-20 minutes, until the top is hard and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing.