For more recipe inspiration check out our best selling book Paleo Primer: A Second Helping
Fitter Fuel Loaf
- 3 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 80g vanilla or chocolate protein powder (we used vanilla Sunwarrior)
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of Himalayan Pink salt
- 45g coconut flour (you can substitute ground almonds, oat bran or ground flaxseed)
- 3 tbsp sultanas
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the bananas and eggs for 1–2 minutes in a processor or blender.
- Add the protein powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder and salt to the mixture in the food processor. Sift in the flour and mix again.Finally stir in the sultanas
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and sprinkle over the chopped nuts.
- Bake for around 35–45 minutes. Before removing from the oven insert a knife in the middle and check it comes out clean so you know the loaf is baked all the way through.
- Once baked remove from the tin and allow to cool. Slice and serve with butter or nut butter.