Harrisa Sweet Potato Chicken
- 750ml chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 heaped tsp Harrisa spice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 400g chicken breast or thigh meat, chopped
- 200g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- Thicken with either arrowroot, cornflour or tapioca flour mixed with water.
- Place a small amount of broth or stock in a saucepan and sautee the onions, garlic, pepper, cumin and harissa spices for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, chickpeas, sweet potatoe and cover with broth. Add the lemon juice and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 35-40 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Before serving thicken with either tapioca, arrowroot or cornflour until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.