We’re always banging on about the benefits of consuming more fish or seafood. Packed with healthy omega 3 fats and minerals like zinc and iodine they should be a weekly feature on your menu and fishcakes are perfect as the creamy potato and seasoning can help disguise the ‘fishy taste if you’re not a fan.
Hidden ‘Fishy’ Cakes
- 250g new potatoes
- 1 dessertspoon of butter or ghee melted
- 250g cooked prawns
- 1 egg
- Handful of fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Steam the new potatoes until soft, place in a bowl and mash with the butter or ghee until smooth.
- Add the prawns, egg, coriander, fish sauce, coconut flour and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into four and shape into fish cakes. Once you have made the four fish cakes, melt the coconut oil in a frying pan and using a spatula carefully place the fish cakes in the pan.
- Pan fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, keep checking throughout to ensure the cakes do not burn.
- Once golden brown on both sides, serve with a large mixed salad.