For more recipe inspiration check out our best selling recipe book Fitter Food: A Second Helping.
High Energy Bites
- 50g crystallised ginger, soak in boiling water for 5 mins and then drain (substitute other dried fruit if preferred: raisins, sultanas or dates)
- 50g medjool dates
- 150g cashew nuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 100g dark chocolate 85% cocoa solids
- Place a sheet of greaseproof paper on a plate or baking sheet ready for the balls to set.
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl over simmering water to melt.
- Soak the ginger in a little boiling water to soften and drain the water (this also gets rid of the sugar coating).
- Place the ginger, dates, cashew nuts, cinnamon and nutmeg in a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Grab small handfuls and roll into balls, dip in the melted chocolate, coat fully using a spoon and place on the greaseproof paper.
- Allow the chocolate to set and enjoy.