Filled with anti-inflammatory foods such as; olive oil, oregano, cayenne chilli, paprika and coriander, these Italian chicken wraps are delicious on their own but adding some homemade guacamole, sweet potato wedges and salad will take them to another level!
Italian Chicken Wraps
- 8 chicken thighs (bone removed)
- 4 heaped tsp. tomato puree
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. cayenne chilli powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Manchego or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Place the chicken thighs on some greaseproof paper on a chopping board.
- Use a meat hammer or rolling pin to flatten the meat ready to make the wrap.
- Place the tomato puree, olive oil, oregano, cayenne chilli, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Add the chopped pepper, onion, garlic and mix again.
- Place a spoonful of the filling in the centre of the flattened chicken thigh (not too much, as you need
to be able to fold it over into a wrap) and top with Parmesan shavings or grated Manchego cheese.
- Fold the chicken thigh into a wrap and place in a baking dish to cook in the oven for 20–25 minutes.
Enjoy with some homemade guacamole, sweet potato wedges and salad.