Jerk chicken is great on the BBQ, under the grill or in the oven. Full of anti inflammatory spices and bursting with flavour it’s one of our favourite ways to prepare chicken.
Jerk Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 hot chilli pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 180c.
- Mix the all spice, thyme, cinnamon, paprika, nutmeg, garlic, lime juice, chilli, coconut oil, salt and pepper together in a bowl to form a paste like texture.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and slash into the meat a few times. Then coat each piece of chicken with the sauce and using your hands rub it in especially into the slashes you made. Be sure to coat the chicken thoroughly. (feel free to leave the chicken to marinade to enhance the flavour).
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 35 mins or until cooked through.
- Serve and top with lots of fresh coriander and enjoy.
Note: If you wish to cook it under the grill then cook for about 45 minutes turning frequently. If cooking on the BBQ cook for about 30 mins turning frequently.