Man Maker Pie
- 5 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 12 eggs
- 3 medium red onions (chopped)
- 6 rashers unsmoked bacon (chopped)
- 1kg beef or lamb mince (or mixed) (/li>
- 4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1-2 tsp. cayenne chilli
- 4 tsp. oregano
- 3 heaped tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 tsp. mixed herbs
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed or finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Slice the sweet potato into 1cm slices, chop the bacon into strips, peel and slice onions.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan over a medium heat until browned slightly, remove and keep to one side.
- Add the mince and onions to the pan and stir-fry. Add the smoked paprika, cayenne, chilli, oregano, mixed herbs and tomato puree. Continue to fry for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned and the onions have softened.
- Whilst the meat is cooking in the pan prepare the eggs. Beat them in a large bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper and set to one side.
- Grease the base and sides of a casserole dish (around 9×13 inch dish, remember the egg will rise a bit). Layer the dish several times over in the following order: sweet potato scattered | bacon scattered | beef mince onion and spices.
- Repeat this until you have no ingredients left and then pour the egg mix over the top. Move the dish side-to-side to ensure the egg fills all the gaps. Place it the dish in the oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve hot from the oven, no sides necessary!