This minty courgette soup is an awesome twist on the classic pea & mint soup and is the ideal recipe to use up a surplus of courgettes. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook so it’s an easy lunch option, which you can cook in bulk and freeze ahead.
Minty Courgette Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 courgettes, chopped
- 1 litre broth/stock or vegetable stock
- 1 handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat before adding the onion and garlic and cooking for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the courgettes and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth/stock, fresh mint, salt and pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, blend the ingredients to your desired consistency.