These are great as a snack or starter, we often double up this recipe and serve up when we have mates around for dinner. We love to add fresh herb but there are lots of variations you can try. We use tinned wild Alaskan salmon for these with the skin and bones making it a great way to eat the most nutritious parts (without even knowing they’re in there!)
Oh Mega Balls
- 1 x 418g tin of wild Alaskan salmon
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh chives finely chopped
- 12 tablespoons of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Black pepper to taste
- Drain the salmon and place in a large bowl.
- Add the fresh herbs, egg, apple cider vinegar, black pepper and mix well.
- With your clean hand mould into balls (about the size of a golf ball) and place on a baking tray greased with butter/coconut oil or lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes on 180 degrees until golden and slightly crispy. If you prefer a quicker option then pan fry in some butter for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve alone or these taste great dipped in some sour cream.
You can add chilli, ginger powder, garlic, paprika, spring onions, capers, olives, sun dried tomatoes… the world is your omega ball 🙂