Here’s another super soup to add to your repertoire. Pea and mint is a classic flavour combination and this is great to cook in bulk and freeze ahead.
Pea and Mint Soup
- 500g frozen green peas
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- Large bunch of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan on a medium heat and sauté the shallots, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and stir for 1 minute.
- Add enough water to cover the peas and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the fresh mint.
- Place in a food processor or use a hand blender to blend until the mixture reaches the consistency of soup. If the mixture is too thick, gently add a little more boiling water.
- Serve and enjoy!