These protein pancakes are a perfect Shrove Tuesday treat. Top with fresh berries and cinnamon to hit the sweet spot.
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (or substitute 2 more eggs)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh berries
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly to make a batter (we used our Nutribullet).
- Melt some coconut oil or butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes on one side until browned, flip over and cook for a further 3 minutes. You may wish to make 2-3 smaller pancakes as these will easier to flip.
- Top with fresh berries and cinnamon.