This is a simple and scary twist on a family favourite… Spaghetti bolognese. A great way to get the kids involved and have some fun in the kitchen for a Halloween feast. Enjoy.
Scary Spag Bol Peppers
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Follow the cooking instructions your chosen filling. Cook for a little less time as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Whilst your filling simmers away use this time to cut scary faces into your peppers. Chop the heads off and deseed them too.
- About 5 minutes before you are ready to stuff the peppers add the courgetti or julienned carrot or squash into the pan and stir into the mince rather than cooking it separate.
- Once cooked stuff each pepper with the filling and allow to hang out of the eyes and mouth for a scary effect.
- Pop the tops of the peppers back on and place on a baking tray or dish in the oven to cook until the peppers softened, this takes around 15-20 minutes.