Simple Seafood Stew
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g small potatoes sliced
- 500ml chicken or fish stock
- 2x 400g carton chopped tomatoes
- 200g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2tsp mixed herbs
- 4 white fish fillets e.g hake, haddock or cod
- 220g uncooked king prawns
- 150g olives
- Salt and pepper
- Tapioca or corn flour to thicken (optional)
- olive oil for cooking
- Warm a little olive oil in a large casserole dish and gently fry the onions and garlic for 5 minutes
- Add the potatoes, stock, tomatoes, herbs, olives and chickpeas.
- Season and bring to the boil, turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Check the potatoes are soft and gently at the fish fillets and prawns, cook for a further 8-10 minutes.
- Thicken with a little tapioca or corn flour if desired (mixed 2 tsp with water into a paste and slowly add to the stew, stirring constantly.
- Serve with some steamed greens.