One thing we love about the winter is cooking up lots of hearty comforting meals in our slow cooker. So easy to just chuck a load of ingredients in and let it work it’s magic. Great way to cook in bulk too. Here is a lovely spicy beef dish for you to try, would work great with lamb too.
Slow Cooked Spicy Beef
- 500g diced beef or lamb
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 inch cubed ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 250g passata
- 250ml beef stock ideally homemade
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Large handful of fresh coriander
- Place the all the ingredients except the beef stock and fresh coriander in a slow cooker stir together thoroughly.
- Heat the stock in a saucepan before adding the hot stock to the slow cooker and stirring the ingredients together again.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on a low heat for 8 hrs until the meat is nice and tender.
- Serve with some white rice and top with fresh coriander.