Our smokey salmon burgers are a great choice if you’re looking to increase your omega-3 intake. They’re also bursting with flavour, really easy to prepare and make the perfect snack when you’re on the move.
Smokey Salmon Burgers
- 500g salmon fillets
- 120g smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. rice flour
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place the salmon fillets in a blender and pulse into chunks, but don’t allow it to form a paste.
- Place the salmon in a large bowl. Add the smoked salmon, red onion, chives and garlic powder. Add the rice ﬂour one tablespoon at a time and combine thoroughly.
- Check the consistency and add a little more flour to bind the burgers if required. This keeps them in tact while cooking.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Place the burgers in the pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- These are great served with sliced avocado, rocket and cooked tomatoes.