A great tip is to stick them in the freezer and chomp on them as a frozen treat!
S’nickers in a Twist
- 300g dark chocolate (plus a little extra to fill in the gaps)
- small handful of cashew nuts
For the Nougat
- 240g smooth almond butter
- 3-4 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp coconut palm sugar or xylitol
For the Caramel
- 130g medjool dates
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 30g coconut oil
- pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt or Celtic salt
- 4 tbsp of water
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Melt half of the chocolate (150g) in a glass bowl over simmering water or in the microwave, taking care not to burn it.
- Line a square tin with greaseproof paper and pour in the melted chocolate. Place in the freezer and allow to set.
- Place the cashews on a baking tray and put in the oven for 10-15 minutes to light toast. Keep and eye on them and remove once they turn golden. Set aside to cool.
- To make the nougat, place the almond butter, coconut flour and sugar in a food processor and blend. The mixture should be solid and sticky like cookie dough. If it’s too dry you can add a little water or nut butter. If it’s too soggy you can try adding a little more coconut flour.
- Set the nougat aside.
- To make the caramel, blend the dates into a paste in a food processor. Add the cashew butter, coconut oil, sprinkled sea salt and blend. To make the caramel consistency, you need to carefully add water little by little. Start with 1 tablespoon and keep the food processor going. Usually within 3-4 minutes the mixture will turn into a soft, sticky, caramel texture. You can add a little more cashew butter if necessary to make it a little smoother.
- Crush the toasted cashews into tiny pieces. It’s easier to use your hands for this.
- Melt your second batch of chocolate (150g) and set aside.
- Remove the first batch of chocolate from the freezer and check it’s completely set. Using a spoon or knife, carefully spread a layer of the nougat on top of the chocolate.
- Follow this with a thick layer of caramel and then sprinkle over the toasted cashews.
- Finally, pour over the second batch of melted chocolate and use a knife to spread it evenly over the caramel layer.
- Place in the fridge to set for a couple of hours. Once set, remove from the tin, peel off the greaseproof paper and carefully slice into squares.