Another idea for sprucing up your dark chocolate fix, also great to make with kids and converting milk chocolate lovers.
So Simple Hazelnut Hearts
- 100g Dark chocolate (85% cocoa solids)
- Handful of roasted hazelnuts (or buy raw and roast yourself)
- 2 dessertspoons of organic hazelnut butter (we like Biona Organic)
- Chocolate moulds (but you can use an ice cube tray as an alternative)
- If roasting your own hazelnuts place on a baking tray and leave in the oven on a low heat (150 degrees) for 40 mins-1 hour until golden. Allow to cool and rub vigorously in palms of your hand to remove the skins. We like to buy raw and roast as they retain much more flavour and crunch.
- Place 3-4 hazelnuts in each chocolate mould and place on a baking tray (so it’s easy to transfer to the refrigerator later).
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over simmering water. Once melted stir in the hazelnut butter and mix well.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the hazelnuts placed in the mould, allow to cool and then transfer to the refrigerator to set for 1 hour.
- Keep refrigerated, these don’t last long but that’s usually because they get demolished very quickly, especially if Matt’s around 🙂