Another easy peasy and of course healthy, one pot supper! Perfect for a weekday dinner or a great option if you’re entertaining as you can prepare this dish in advance and put your feet up with a glass of Rioja as your guest arrive.
Spanish Style Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 small white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 handful olives, halved
- 680g passata
- 200ml chicken stock
- 4 sweet or white potatoes, peeled & sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat and add the garlic, onions, leeks and stir through. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the onions and leeks start to soften.
- Add the chicken and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the chicken starts to brown, add the paprika, thyme, oregano salt and pepper and stir through coating all the ingredients in the spices.
- Add the olives, passata, chicken stock and potatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Season further if required and serve either on it’s own or with steamed greens.