At Fitter Food burgers make a regular appearance. This is simply because they are so easy to make and they taste amazing. We often just make things up with burgers and it always seems to work. This recipe was put together as we fancied a bit of a kick. Give them a try and be sure to make your own creations too.
Spicy Turkey Burgers In A Sweet Potato Bun
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 large sweet potatoes sliced about 1cm thick
- 2 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1 heaped tsp cayenne chilli powder
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 heaped tbsp tomato puree
- Pink salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 ripe avocados
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the coconut oil in a baking tray or dish and add the sweet potato slices, coat in the oil and place these in the oven.
- As they start to cook prepare your burgers. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the avocado) together in a bowl and mix well with clean hands. Once mixed thoroughly make into burger shapes, place in a baking tray or dish and place in the oven to cook for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Just before you are ready to serve peel and mash the 2 avocados and add some salt and pepper.
- You are ready to serve your burgers. Feel free to layer them as you wish and serve with a nice salad and some of the other potato slices.
- Cooking times may vary depending on your oven.
- Feel free to reduce or increase spice measurements based on your taste.
- We often double this recipe to cook in bulk to spread over a few days.
- Top the dish with loads of fresh parsley or coriander, adds great flavour a nutrients.
- Some chopped bacon goes great inside these burgers and if your feeling naughty a little goats cheese too 😉