This recipe is just one big powerhouse of nutrients and taste. It’s too easy not to give it a go.
Super Simple Dairy Free Liver Pate
- 400g liver (we used chicken liver for this but you can try lambs/calves)
- 8 rashers of unsmoked streaky bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pan fry the liver in coconut oil, over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking and set aside to cool.
- Pan fry the onions and bacon in coconut oil, over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Place the liver, bacon and onion in a food processor or blender and add the egg yolks, mixed herbs and rosemary. Blend until all the ingredients are combined and the mixture has a completely smooth consistency.
- Place the mixture in a dish lined with greaseproof paper and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to set. Serve with vegetable crudities.
We actually like to eat this warm and place straight in the food processor from the pan and enjoy with carrot sticks.