These sweet potato pancakes are so easy to make and they taste brilliant. Give ’em a go this Pancake Day! (or any day!)
Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed (or use leftovers)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 heaped tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 heaped tbsp of coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- Mix the sweet potato, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, use a fork to mix the tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet in small batches. Stir well each time until a thick batter has formed.
- Melt a little coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Place two tablespoons of batter in the pan and flatten slightly. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes and using a large spatula flip the pancakes.
- Press the top of the pancake with the spatula so you have the thickness and shape of a pancake. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes on this side.