Thai Omega Balls 2.0
- 3 x 212g tins of wild, red salmon (with skin and bones)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime (or use lemon)
- Handful of fresh coriander chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 eggs
- Large chunk of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 small courgettes, grated
- 2 heaped tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 heaped tsp nori seaweed sprinkles (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed chilli flakes (optional)
TIP: These are also great rolled in sesame seeds just before baking.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Grease an ovenproof tray with olive oil or line with greaseproof paper.
- Drain the juices from the tinned salmon and place in a large bowl.
- Add the lime juice and zest, coriander, garlic, ginger and eggs to a food processor or blender and blitz.
- Add the mixture to the salmon and combine. Stir in the grated courgette, flaxseed and seaweed sprinkles. Season with salt and pepper and add the chilli flakes if desired. You can taste the mixture at this stage and amend if needed (add more lime, seasoning, chilli, garlic, etc.)
- Using clean hands take handfuls of the mixture, squeeze to get rid of excess moisture and then carefully shape into golf sized balls.
- Put the balls on the prepared tray and place in the oven to bake for around 20-25 minutes until they start to turn golden. You can turn off the oven and leave the balls to bake a little longer if you like a crispy bite to your balls.
- Serve with salad, mashed avocado and natural yogurt.