This rich, creamy ganache topped with crunchy, salty pumpkin seeds is an epic combo! You can use this ganache as a base for various topping; toasted coconut, dried fruit, cacao nibs, the fun part is experimenting. If you prefer a dairy free option use coconut cream in place of double cream.
Toasted Pumpkin Seed and Sea Salt Ganache
- 300g 85% dark chocolate
- 300ml of double cream (*for dairy free use coconut cream)
- 1 tsp of Himalayan Pink or Celtic Sea salt plus a little more for the seeds
- 2 tbsp xylitol or raw honey (optional if you like bitter chocolate)
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces and place in glass bowl over simmering water to melt.
- Whilst the chocolate is melting place the pumpkin seeds in a non stick pan (no oil is necessary) over a low heat and gently toast, stirring occasionally. When ready the seeds will turn golden and start to pop, remove from the heat and sprinkle with some salt.
- When the chocolate has melted stir in the cream, salt and xylitol/honey if using. Taste to ensure the mixture is to your liking (add more salt or sweetener if necessary).
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper and pour the chocolate mixture in. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- Remove from the fridge and slice into bars or squares and serve.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top.