This vanilla, chai and ginger porridge is perfect for a frosty winters morning.
Vanilla Chai and Ginger Porridge
- 50-80g rolled oats, quinoa, buckwheat flakes or rice flakes
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100-200ml water
- 2 chai tea bags
- chunk of fresh ginger
- 1tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 20-25g vanilla protein powder (optional)
- If you have time and are using oats, we recommend soaking them over night.
- Place the grains, water and milk in a saucepan over a low heat to cook for around 10 minutes or according to the cooking instructions.
- Place the tea bags and ginger in the porridge as it cooks, add a little more warm water or milk if desired.
- Once cooked take the tea bags out (give them a good squeeze to infuse the porridge a little more) and remove the ginger.
- Remove the porridge from the heat, sprinkle with cinnamon, stir in the vanilla extract and protein powder (if adding) and serve.